Firefox Browser for a Privacy-Preserving Experience
Mozilla Firefox is the closest thing for a more private, privacy focused web browsing experience. It Blocks many trackers by default and is made in order to provide a better not manipulated web view. If you want to protect your data, to preserve your rights in terms of privacy and keep your personal things, personal this is your choice. Firefox browser at this time is one of the best friends of journalists and activists all around the word.
Even hackers and fraudsters makes a large use of this browser, cause through many plugin you can easy choice what data you are going to share or even manipulate those data.
If you have privacy in mind let's understand how Firefox is suitable for you!
Mozilla Foundation and his little son Firefox
Mozilla is a nonprofit organization, (stylized as moz://a) this means that it has really little incentive to collect and sell your data.
Mozilla as been around from long time, the initial release of Firefox browser is back in the old days of the September 2002.
Plus the Mozilla Foundation describes itself as a "a non-profit organization that promotes openness, innovation and participation on the Internet." and their work is following for the last almost 20 years their Mozilla Manifesto.
Here are the 10 principles stated in their Manifesto:
1. The internet is an integral part of modern life—a key component in education\, communication\, collaboration\, business\, entertainment and society as a whole.
2. The internet is a global public resource that must remain open and accessible.
3. The internet must enrich the lives of individual human beings.
4. Individuals’ security and privacy on the internet are fundamental and must not be treated as optional.
5. Individuals must have the ability to shape the internet and their own experiences on it.
6. The effectiveness of the internet as a public resource depends upon interoperability (protocols\, data formats\, content)\, innovation and decentralized participation worldwide.
7. Free and open source software promotes the development of the internet as a public resource.
8. Transparent community-based processes promote participation\, accountability and trust.
9. Commercial involvement in the development of the internet brings many benefits; a balance between commercial profit and public benefit is critical.
10. Magnifying the public benefit aspects of the internet is an important goal\, worthy of time\, attention and commitment.
The default Firefox is a clean common and simple interface that drives you into a normal experience compared to other browsers.
But we must said that, unlike Chrome, Firefox can be fully customized. You can resize and move every button creating your personal work space.
You can sync your bookmarks, history and add-ons on multiple devices al long as you create a Firefox account, the nice thing ? If you lose access to your devices you lose access to your sync, this might sounds old or uncomfortable but actually means that Firefox doesn't store giant amount of data in their servers.
One of the Best Privacy features that comes with Firefox is the Enhanced Tracking Protection. This feature allow Firefox to block most web trackers that are used to follow you and collect data trough your browsing experience across multiple sites.
As Tor browser did a fork of Firefox long time ago now Firefox as implemented additional features available in Tor browser like the multiple techniques that Tor adopts in order to block and prevent browser fingerprinting.
The collection of those data includes:
* Canvas colors * Screen Size and Color Depth * Available fonts * User Agent * HTTP_ACCEPT headers * Browser Plugin Details * Time Zone Offset * Time Zone * Language * Platform * And many more
Plus you can block Cookies, Cryptominers and general trackers.
On the Security side it performs really well placing it on the top of the most secured browsers nowadays.
Firefox is overall the best privacy browser, secure and comfortable. After is quantum update the high RAM usage as been strongly reducted. If you have privacy and security in mind this is for sure your best choice overall. It collects just little informations and you can even disable this. Everything is smooth you might just find sometimes high RAM usage and some compatibility problems with newer web applications. But at the end here at NoirDotNews we thing that the best choice is Firefox.
What do you think about it ? This privacy focused browser features outweigh a little bit of RAM usage and compatibility problems ?
Share your thoughts below in the comment section and thanks for reading !
Stay safe and keep reading NoirDotNews